Rudge Estate Equestrian is set in 800 acres of beautiful rolling Shropshire countryside. The track runs across farmland, through woods and over an area of lowland heath. The original course was designed 9 years ago by Tim Hadaway. More recently the design role has since been taken on by Adrian Ditcham, who has added an extra dimension to the course. The initial build and continued development of the course has all been done by BE and Olympic Course Builder Ian Dick. The course is constantly changing and new fences added to provide the rider with variety and different challenges.
The focus of the course lies in the safe confines of the Rudge Farm surrounded by high hedges and woodland ground. There are over 70 well-maintained fences with all the variety heights (from 50cm to a metre) required to meet the needs of all abilities.
The well-maintained fences include corners, steps, sunken road, coffin and a water jump with varying heights from 60cm to a metre. The light ground and well-established turf mean the course is open all year round, except during very cold weather.
All of the fences are optional so the course is ideal for schooling as well as hackers. A new hacking route is under development which runs alongside the picturesque Nun brook. This will create more scope for those who prefer a more gentle ride.
Rudge Riding provides a beautiful venue for events, clinics, fun rides and schooling and allows all riders the opportunities to enjoy safe off road riding.
Whether you are an individual or group looking to use the facilities at Rudge Riding we can cater for your needs and special requirements. Below is a summary of the facilities we can provide for your visit:
- Cross Country Course: Rudge Riding is in 800 acres of beautiful rolling Shropshire farmland and woodland tracks. The course was built by Ian Dick 9 years ago and it is now well established and mature.
- Schooling Field: Enclosed grass area warm up and schooling area.
- Toilets: Permanent toilet facilities are located in the barn stable buildings in the yard at the start oft the cross country course.
- Wash Down Area: Water taps in the yard for washing down horses/drinking.
- Lorry & Car Parking: Our parking facilities and can accommodate a number of boxes on hard standing. For larger groups there is plenty of parking in the paddocks and even more for events. We have a tractor that can pull any difficult vehicles in the unlikely event of poor ground conditions.
- Refreshments Available: Complimentary tea and coffee at the finish.
- Picnic Area: You are welcome to extend your visit by bringing lunch/ tea.
Events and Competitions: The course is available for hire for events and competitions, please contact the office to discuss individual rates. Please note that we that we are not a riding school and do not provide horses.